Forest School Helper CourseTuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd October 2018
This is a non-accredited 2-day practical training course designed to provide members of staff and volunteers, e.g. parents and governors, who support (or will be supporting) Forest School sessions with:
- An introduction to the Forest School ethos;
- An opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of the woodland environment and of its use as a learning resource;
- Some basic practical skills to enable them to effectively support learning at Forest School.
Please not that this is NOT a Level 2 Forest School Assistant course and there is no additional work to complete outside of the training days.
To do the course you must:
- Be aged 18 years or over;
- Hold a current DBS certificate;
- Be able to assist Forest School sessions being run by a Level 3 Forest School Leader.
Date and time: 9.15 – 3.30pm on Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd October 2018.
Venue: Charlotte’s Wood, London City Road, Wilby, Suffolk, IP21 5LT
Cost: £120 per participant or £100 per participant if 2 or more members of staff from the same setting attend the course.
Equipment: The tools and equipment required on the training will be provided. Participants will need to bring their own waterproofs and outdoor clothing (including sturdy boots).
To book: Either complete the booking form on this page or download the PDF version below and return via email.
Please note that your details will be held securely until the end of the course; after which they will be destroyed unless you give permission for future contact.